Teaching Practice for Art History Teachers
Study Cycle: 2
Lecturer(s): asist. mag. Šterman Irena, doc. dr. Mahnič Katja
Educational practicum is exercised in classes of art history and visual arts teachers in Slovenian schools of primary and secondary education and also in galleries and museums, which are under contract of collaboration with Dept. Of art history.
Educational practicum takes two weeks; within it the student
- attends 14 h in classes of host teacher;
- performs 6 h of self-dependant presentations (containing at least three different subjects);
- performs at least 8 h of collaboration with mentor;
- performs 12 h of additional activities in school/gallery/museum or outside these institutions (i.e. interview with board of the school, with advisory services, with librarian or other members of the teaching staff, individual work with pupils with special demands etc.);
- perform at least 40h of home work (preparing the tuition course, presentation, working out the diary);
- to execute a diary / portfeuil of educational practicum.